Sunny day means bright interview ! Today we are glad to welcome Dorothea, founder of the blog mutterfutter.blogspot.ch. Mom of two kids and journalist, Dorothea tell us more about her life as a blogger. Discover it !
1. Hello Dorothea, can you introduce yourself and your blog mutterfutter.blogspot.ch ?
Hi! I am Dorothea, a Mom of two kids and journalist for a swiss newspaper. On my blog I write about my life with my kids. I try to write about the things that drive parents crazy. Also, I love to eat, so I also post yummy things.
2. What are your editorial habits ? (I write my own content, someone writes for me, someone proofreads me, I take my own pictures for the blog, I post a lot of videos ect…)
Every word on my blog is written by me. Sometimes there will be some great pictures, those were usually taken by my dad. Sometimes there will be really bad pictures – those are usually taken from my iPhone and I apologize for that. But I’m a journalist and not a photographer – my blog is more about words than pictures.
3. Why did you decide to create a blog?
I’m a true journalist by heart and so when I was on my first maternity leave, I missed writing so much, I just wanted to start a blog.
4. How do you use social networks ? Which one do you prefer ?
I love Instagram for pictures. I also use Facebook to keep my Mutterfutter-Fans updated on my latest posts.
5. What are the meaningful moments of the development of the blog?
I feel like it’s all about the message you want to spread. When I became a mother, there was so much I didn’t know and so much I wanted to share. And so I did. Don’t start a blog because you want to make money.
6. What are you writing about?
I write about the everyday problems you run into as parents. And about the beauty and wonder of life with kids. And Food.
7. Which are the most popular categories of your blog?
There’s this secret recipe for a tea that induces labor. I posted it once, its been clicked on ever since.
8. Where do you find inspiration?
Everyday I spend with my kids is inspiring to me.
9. A little message for Upfluence?
Thank you so much for noticing me, I love working with you.