Why outsourcing is a quick-win for businesses invested in content marketing.
Marketing departments generally have a lot of projects and campaigns on the go all the time and often there aren’t enough people available to get the jobs done. Outsourcing has become a common point of discussion amongst business owners, especially amongst businesses that are looking to diversify their marketing strategies but don’t necessarily have the right resources to assist them in their efforts.
A recent report by Hubspot shows that 60% of marketers say that content creation is their top inbound marketing priority. However, only 30% of B2B marketers say their organizations are effective at content marketing, which is down from 38% last year.
This shows that there’s a large expertise and resources gap in businesses and that outsourcing might soon become a common occurrence.
Preconceived outsourcing roadblocks
When it comes to outsourcing your content marketing, you have one of two options, team up with a freelancer or hire an agency.
The thought of bringing in an unfamiliar third party generally raises a few common concerns for business owners.
- Data privacy. Many business owners are concerned about giving a third party access to insider information and confidential data
- Lack of control. When you’re working with professionals that aren’t coming into the office every day, it can feel like the efforts and results are a little out of your control
- Reliability. This concern fits in with feeling like there’s a lack of control. When you hire a third party to assist with something as important as marketing, you want to know that you can rely on them to get the job done
- ROI. Return on investment is a top priority for all businesses so when you partner with a content marketing specialist, you want to be sure that they can help you reach your business goals and that the investment in their expertise will be worth while
So who should you work with to mitigate these risks?
There are a lot of great freelance writers and content marketers out there but there are also some individuals who just aren’t as good as they claim. This rings true for agencies too but working with an agency does tend to pose fewer risks.
Working with a freelancer means that you’re relying on one person to deliver on your content marketing projects but when you partner with an agency, you’ll have several people that you can contact and rely on should your main contact become unavailable. You’ll also be able to reach agency employees during business hours as they’re working from an office, whereas freelancers tend to work their own hours and can’t always be reached.
These are all aspects that you need to consider when deciding on who to outsource your content marketing tasks to. It’s all about what you feel comfortable with as a business owner.
Did You Know: 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day?
Why you should outsource your content marketing projects
Below are just a few of the benefits of outsourcing your content-related projects to a third party:
- Save money. This is one phrase that’s music to any business owner’s ears. When you outsource your content marketing projects, there’s no need to pay someone an additional salary and benefits. Outsourcing gives you the opportunity to work with top content marketing experts at a fraction of the cost. You pay for assistance as and when you need it.
- Gain access to top industry tools. Content marketing agencies and specialists need to produce results, which means they work with the latest technology and tools to assist clients with their strategies and content development and promotion.
- Save time. When you have an in-house marketing team that’s already focused on a dozen other tasks, your content marketing efforts might have to take a back seat. Hiring a specialist to assist you with content marketing projects as they arise means you don’t need to lose out on any time or opportunities.
- Benefit from the experience of others. Working with an agency that specializes in content marketing means you’re also benefitting from their expertise. Content marketing experts have worked on countless content-related projects, understand all the best practices, and know how to produce the results you’re looking for.
- Benefit from an increase in sales. Content marketing specialists who have the right experience know what content to create, how to attract the right audience, and how to drive more traffic to your online platforms, all of which will potentially increase your sales.
Did You Know: Content marketing leaders experience 7.8 times more site traffic than non-leaders?
How to collaborate with a content marketing agency
When you work with content marketing specialists, it’s important to understand that the control still lies with you. A content marketing agency’s job is to make sure that any work they’re assisting your business with ties in with your brand values, voice, and identity.
When you partner with a professional agency, they will discuss your requirements and expectations in detail so that everyone knows what is expected of them, who to contact, and what the overall objectives are. This way, they have all the information they need to produce the results you’re looking for.
We at Upfluence make a point of connecting with at least several different individuals at the companies we work with to ensure that we’re meeting all expectations and requirements. Have a look at this case study to discover how we helped Sopra Steria to reinforce its position as an expert. Using conversational and playful content pieces, we led a campaign that reached a target audience of FinTech, Banking and Finance professionals and experts.
Did You Know: Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times more leads?
Getting started on your outsourcing journey
If you’re like 70% of other B2B marketers who are looking to create more content in 2017 but you don’t necessarily have the right resources available, outsourcing is your answer. Investing in outsourced content marketing services gives you access to talented marketers who can help you achieve your business and goals at a fraction of the cost and take your brand to new heights in 2017.