Salary : $60K to $100K depending on your qualifications and abilities
Location : NYC, USA
With its 60 employees scattered over New York City, Paris, Neuchâtel and Lyon, Upfluence develops and markets a software for Influencer Marketing professionals. The company uses its own proprietary algorithms to identify key influencers for its customers and to manage its influencer marketing campaigns. It offers a new perspective for brands which can enter in the social sphere of their “fans”.
Who we are:
We develop our product(s) across multiple offices based in Lyon, France and New York City. The team is talented, young (28 on average), and international (18 different nationalities). Lead by our CTO @AlexisMontagne, we do groundbreaking technological work in the industry.
- From daily collection of social media data from 5M+ different accounts to building complex data pipelines,
- to provide insights about social posts performance and audience analysis for our 600+ clients,
- to provide search capabilities to find the perfect influencers,
- to provide tools to contact and work with those influencers,
our product teams are focused on creating fantastic user experiences. We’re looking for talented and like-minded engineers that are passionate about building world-class experiences that delight our customers.
What We Do:
- We enjoy building UIs in Ember.js so much that we created our own internal styleguide and component library.
- We believe in using the best tools for the job. We write customer-facing features using Ember.js frontend and Ruby backend. Our write-heavy traffic services are written with Go and leverage multiple data storage solutions. https://stackshare.io/upfluence/upfluence
- We deploy our code multiple times per day using docker, etcd and Container Linux.
- We love open source, we try to contribute to other projects or open source our own to share with the rest of the community.
- We’re proud of the code we write, but we’re not dogmatic about methodologies or techniques. We believe building the “right thing” is more important than building things “right”. However, we take our customers’ dependence on our systems very seriously and strive to build highly performant and reliable software that are parts of our customers’ core infrastructure.
Who We’re Looking For:
- We are looking for a designer with a strong digital culture who knows to be picky, and pragmatic, when needed.
- You can turn complex business requirements into working interfaces that our customers love to use.
- You know when it is time to come up with innovative interfaces, and when it’s time to ship.
- You’re focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- You’re empathetic, patient and like teach others about design principles in order to help the team build great products and resolve implementation challenges as they come up.
- Work you have done is more important to us than your diploma.
Project You Could Work On:
- Improving our open-source UI design system that saves our engineers multiple hours of work every week.
- Think pixel-perfect implementations by default.
- Find the most relevant data visualization that could show specific social data.
- Improve our workflow management tool to add new use cases and improve the overall UX.
What you’ll get:
- Some serious design challenges.
- A machine & screen of your own choosing ($2,000 budget)
- A talented team of developers and data engineers to work with.
- A seat in a great office space in New York or Lyon, or remotely, either way is fine with us.
- A lot of autonomy and responsibility.
- You master Sketch or Figma.
- You like do to perfect implementations of your designs, and teach the team about what makes great design great.
- You know Git & GitHub.
- You provide a deep understanding of the complexities involved in writing large single-page applications.
Find out more on our GitHub : https://github.com/upfluence