Today we are glad to welcome Mustafa, founder of the blog Astute Attire covering a broad spectrum of topics. A must !
- 1 1) Hello Mustafa, can you introduce yourself and your blog ?
- 2 2) What are your editorial habits ? (I write my own content, someone writes for me, someone proofreads me, I take my own pictures for the blog, I post a lot of videos ect…)
- 3 3) How do you use social networks? Which one do you prefer?
- 4 4) What are the meaningful moments of the development of the blog?
- 5 5) Who’s your target?
- 6 6) Which are the most popular categories of your blog?
- 7 7) Where do you find inspiration?
- 8 8) A little message for Upfluence?
1) Hello Mustafa, can you introduce yourself and your blog ?
Sure, I’m Mustafa Kacar, born & raised in the melting pot of NYC. I’m the founder of Astute Attire covering all things men’s style and inspiration, personal style, grooming, lifestyle, women, food, culture, and in-between.
2) What are your editorial habits ? (I write my own content, someone writes for me, someone proofreads me, I take my own pictures for the blog, I post a lot of videos ect…)
I’d say it’s a combination of writing my own content and finding cool articles online that I like and think my audience would enjoy too. For sponsored content I use my own photographers. I’ve been working with the same 2-3 photographers for the past few years. We’re looking to incorporate more videos this year so be prepared for that!
Obviously social networks are absolutely vital in the blogging world these days. My go-to is Instagram but I’m starting to dabble in Snapchat more and more. I think that’s where a lot of brands will start to increase their presence in the coming months/years.
4) What are the meaningful moments of the development of the blog?
I like to think of all of my collaborations as meaningful and I always make sure to work and support brands that I believe in. Having said that it’s always great working with GQ on campaigns!
5) Who’s your target?
Mostly men ages 17-35 but also anyone male/female that enjoys menswear, tech, auto, food, and lifestyle pieces!
6) Which are the most popular categories of your blog?
Lately, the most popular categories are definitely tech and auto. There are lots of exciting things going on in both fields, whether it’s virtual reality in tech or automobiles getting more and more amazing each and every day.
7) Where do you find inspiration?
I believe the moment you’re forced to do something creative is the moment you will stop being creative. I think it’s important to travel and try different things. This will allow your mind to wander into new territories, thus setting you up to find inspiration organically.
8) A little message for Upfluence?
Thank you for being so easy to work with! Looking forward to being included on many more great campaigns.