Today, Ileana introduces her blog http://www.novelstyleblog.com/. A fashion blog with beautiful visuals and a unique style. You can’t miss it !
- 1 1. Hello ileana, can you introduce yourself and your blog novelstyleblog.com?
- 2 2. What are your editorial habits ? (I write my own content, someone writes for me, someone proofreads me, I take my own pictures for the blog, I post a lot of videos ect…)
- 3 3. What do you like the most about fashion?
- 4 4. How do you use social networks ? Which one do you prefer ?
- 5 5. What are the meaningful moments of the development of the blog ?
- 6 6. Who’s your target ?
- 7 7. Which are the most popular categories of your blog ?
- 8 8. Where do you find inspiration ?
- 9 9. A little message for Upfluence ?
1. Hello ileana, can you introduce yourself and your blog novelstyleblog.com?
My name is Ileana and I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. While studying fashion design I spent some time in the U.S. (New York City and Tennessee) as an exchange student. This is where I met my husband (he is from Austria!). After graduating I moved there, and started blogging! My motivation was to share my outfits, inspire other people to find their own style and wear what makes them happy. On Novelstyle I share what makes me happy. I give insights into my daily life and my unique style. The content is all about fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Or let’s say: all things cute…yummy…fashionable…and pugs! It’s all about the happy things in life – because shared joy is twice the joy! Almost four years later, and we are now living in the US with our cute pug 🙂
2. What are your editorial habits ? (I write my own content, someone writes for me, someone proofreads me, I take my own pictures for the blog, I post a lot of videos ect…)
All the content on Novelstyle is written and edited by me. Product pictures are taken by myself. Outfit pictures and others are taken by my partner. I always keep my posts very visual, with a small text about the outfit or something interesting or fun that happened in the previous days.
3. What do you like the most about fashion?
I really like how personal fashion is – everyone wears something and every piece you wear tells something about your personality. I believe in playing dress up, expressing yourself through fashion and creating your own story. Every person is unique and has an individual story to tell. Fashion tells your story and reflects who you are.
Furthermore I like the creative part of designing clothes and outfits – this never gets boring because options are endless and trends change constantly. Being a curious person, it’s always great to explore new stuff!
Social Networks are a key element for Novelstyle. It’s amazing how social media gives every individual several communication channels to the world. My preferred channels are Facebook and Instagram. I recently started using Snapchat, and I’m already obsessed with it! I love connecting with other people, sharing our passions and inspiring each other.
5. What are the meaningful moments of the development of the blog ?
It all comes down to the inspiration from and for other people. Everyone loves to share content with others – and as mentioned above, shared happiness is twice the happiness. I like seeing people finding their own style and expressing their personality through fashion. I also love the opportunities the blog has given me. Thanks to the blog, I was able to attend Bread and Butter in Berlin, a tradeshow I have been dreaming to attend since I was in fashion school.
6. Who’s your target ?
My target are primarily female readers in the age of 16 to 32 years that are not only interested in cute fashion, but also in a lifestyle that focuses on the happy things in life. Geographically the main country is the United States, as well as Argentina (due to my origin) and Austria (from living there for 3 years).
7. Which are the most popular categories of your blog ?
The most traffic goes to the fashion and travel categories. But the most popular posts are always the DIY ones! I wish I could focus more on doing DIY projects…. they are always so much fun to do!
8. Where do you find inspiration ?
My immediate answer would be “anywhere”, which is basically true because inspiration lies in everything out there – mostly in the cute and happy things of course 🙂 Thinking a little bit about it, I think it comes down to the tv shows and books I’m watching and reading at the moment. I remember when Gossipo Girl was on, I was obsessed with Blair Waldorf’s style. The last few years I was very inspired by Hart of Dixie and in different celebrities, like Rachel Bilson, Kate Bosworth, Jessica Alba and Jaime King. I also love checking fashion week street style, I get so much inspiration from those looks!
Furthermore, I really like to check other blogs and publishers in the fashion and lifestyle industry, to see what they are doing and to check what this could mean for Novelstyle.
9. A little message for Upfluence ?
I think Upfluence offers a great solutions and has a very impressive customer base! I’d say we really share the same believe in the power of impactful stories, as well as the value of the combination of technology and people. I really enjoy the partnership that Upfluence and Novelstyle have.